Yogurt has been consumed by humans for hundreds of years. It’s very nutritious, and eating it regularly may boost several aspects of your health. For example, yogurt has been found to reduce the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis, as well as aid in weight management.
Here are 7 science-based health benefits of natural yogurt:
- Yogurt provides almost every nutrient that your body needs. It is especially high in calcium, B vitamins and trace minerals.
- Yogurt, especially the Greek variety, is very high in protein. Protein is helpful for appetite and weight control.
- Some types of yogurt contain probiotics, which may boost digestive health by reducing the symptoms of common gastrointestinal disorders, such as bloating, diarrhea and constipation.
- Yogurt provides probiotics, vitamins and minerals, all of which may boost immune health and prevent certain illnesses.
- Yogurt is rich in vitamins and minerals that play a key role in bone health. Consuming it regularly may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Regardless of its fat content, yogurt appears to benefit heart health by increasing “good” HDL cholesterol and reducing blood pressure.
- Yogurt is high in protein, which is very filling, and may improve your diet overall. Both of these aspects help with weight management.
Click on the info graphic below for 5 ways to get inventive with yogurt and make every day dishes a little tangier and a lot healthier!